Siberian huskies have strong personality that they are not that easy to train or follow repetitive commands as they have a mind of their own. On the other hand, huskies can easily get attached to their owner even to all members of the family, in fact; they are not a huge threat at all even to strangers.
As interesting as they may look, proper caring is a must for Siberian huskies and here are some few points that you want to check before you decide to get one and actually pick husky names in advance.
- They love to run – running is their thing and they would do it whenever they have the chance. This is why if you do not have a huge space at home, make sure you bring you husky to the park where in they can be free and be themselves.
- They Love to chase – do you have other pets at home such as cats? If yes, be prepared for a chaos as Siberian huskies would love to a moment of chasing most of the time.
- They love to dig – as for their natural instincts of digging in the snow, they are likely to do the same in your backyard, so expect a lot of this if you have a garden at home. Better yet, put some fences on to keep them away from your plants at home.
- They are noisy – if you are considering a popular name of a singer for husky names that you can choose from, choose the one that can hit high notes as huskies loves to sing. They don’t bark most of the time but they howl from time to time so leaving them in your backyard bored and unsupervised might cause irate neighbors as well.
- They shed a lot – pet dander is problem especially when someone from the family is allergic to it such as kids. However, if nobody is, one of the problems that you might have to face everyday is the hair and fur all over the house from your Siberian husky. This specific breed of dog sheds a lot of fur that using your vacuum everyday could be a daily routine when they are around.
Deciding if you are getting a Siberian husky, even other breed if dogs, is very crucial as it requires a lot of caring and discipline form the owner as well. You have to walk your dog, play with them, provide them shelter, buy them healthy foods, bathe them and even buy them clothes and diapers if you wish to go out with them.
Training Siberian Huskies are also recommended but since they have a mind of their own, they also tend to get bored to the same routines at times. However this will also help the owner and the dog to have a better relationship so that they can also have discipline and follow simple orders that they may not cause any trouble at home, who knows, you might even train your husky to help you carry some of your stuff when shopping as they are natural helpers as well.